CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Puttin' on my Big Girl Panties and Dealing with it.

You know, my illnesses have tried to get the best of me. Yes, they do slow me down. Yes, they do keep me from going anywhere. But, tonight, I've just decided to put on my Big Girl Panties and Deal with it. (with the Lord's help, of course.)

It is such a breath of fresh air to have my spirits lifted and my attitude changed. It's been a year now since I really got sick. It was a year ago when my parents had to take my 3 kids, 4, 9 months and 9 months, and keep them for 2.5 months while I was in and out of the hospital, eventually ending up having open heart surgery.

I am back to me, seeing all the blessings in my life instead of letting the dumb illnesses take over. Boy have they been heavy weights, but Jesus died on the Cross for all of that...for me. It's so hard to grasp that someone went through all that for me! and for you, and you and you, too!

I praise you Lord, give you ALL the Glory, Jesus. Thank you for sparing my life when medically I should not be here. Thank you for giving me some more time on this earth to spend with the precious gifts you gave me, my blessed husband and 3 little girls. Thank you for the people who have come in my home to help, and for all the meals provided. Bless each and every one of them. Lord, I pray that your Light and Love shine in my life to reach others. Let them not see me, let them see You.

Lord, use me in whatever you have in store for my life. Whatever I am supposed to be doing or learning in all this, I open my heart to You, to fulfill whatever needs done.

I'm NOT putting on my Big Girl Panties...that would mean that I am trying to do it myself. I am handing it over to the Lord and trusting that He will take care of me. It is not mine to deal with any longer. I can't do it myself, only with the Lord walking beside me, all the way.

Is the Lord walking beside you in this life? Where would He lead you if you let him take the lead? Would you dance with Him and follow His lead? It can be so beautiful! Can't you see yourself dancing with Jesus in the sand? A beautiful dance with Him leading and taking you to see that beautiful sunset that He has created? He has so much in store for us. We might be taken through a path of weeds to get to that one beautiful spot that He has prepared for us. All we have to do is have faith and trust in Him. His will, not ours.

Lord, please align my will with Yours. Help me to hand myself totally over to You, so you can lead the dance.

I hope you'll dance, too!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so beautiful. I really needed to hear what you said tonight.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Oh what JOY it is to surrender all!

Thanks for this beautiful tesitmony of your walk with our DHF! (Dear Heavenly Father)

Dawn :0)